MUNCH & MOVE
Munch & Move is a fun, play-based program that aims to support young children’s healthy eating and physical activity habits. The program is offered to early childhood services in NSW and fits within the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
Why do we need Munch & Move?
Early childhood is the ideal time for children to form healthy food and physical activity habits that will give them the best chance of maintaining a healthy weight throughout their lives. It is also a great time to cultivate the fundamental movement skills and confidence children need to enjoy physical activities at school.
How is Munch & Move related to the National Quality Framework?
- Munch & Move can provide children with experiences that actively promote or initiate the investigation of ideas and thinking about healthy eating and physical activity.
- Munch & Move directly relates to Standard 2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
Munch & Move encourages the use of a range of spaces, equipment - and resources to engage children in physically active experiences that help develop movement skills, coordination , balance, flexibility and strength.
Munch & Move is a flexible and inclusive program that allows educators to adapt learning experiences to suit each child’s - identity , interests and abilities.
How is Munch and Move implemented at Greengables?
- Greengables provides an environment that supports and encourages healthy lifestyles for young children with a focus on physical activity and healthy eating.
- Greengables seeks to promote children’s physical activity by supporting the development of their gross motor skills and fostering the emergence of their fundamental movement skills through arrange of intentionally planned and spontaneous active play learning experiences.
- Greengables ensure the key physical activity messages within Munch & Move are embedded into our curriculum planning and daily activities.
- Greengables supports limiting the amount of time children spend engaging in screen time and sedentary behaviour for recreational purposes.
At Greengables, we strongly committed to building partnerships with families through effective communication and creating opportunities for family involvement to support our Munch&Move program.
The healthy Kids website is the main platform for Munch&Move information and resources. Please click the link below if you would like to have more information about Munch & Move: https://www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au