Please inform staff if your child has any of the following so that we can let families and Health Department know if something is going around and avoid and epidemic.
CONDITION and EXCLUSION
- HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE :Until all blisters have dried.
- HIB:Exclude until medical certificate of recovery is received.
- HEPATITIS A :Exclude until a medical certificate of recovery is received, but not before 7 days after the onset of jaundice or illness.
- HERPES – COLD SORES :Young children unable to comply with good hygiene practices should be excluded while the lesion is weeping. Lesions to be covered by dressing, where possible.
- INFLUENZA AND FLU-LIKE ILLNESSES: Exclude until well.
- MEASLES: Exclude for at least 4 days after onset of rash.
- MENINGITIS (BACTERIAL): Exclude until well.
- MENINGOCOCCAL INFECTION: Exclude until adequate carrier eradication therapy has been completed.
-MUMPS: Exclude for 9 days or until swelling goes down (whichever is sooner).
-POLIOMYELITIS: Exclude for at least 14 days from onset. Readmit after receiving medical certificate of recovery.
-RUBELLA (GERMAN MEASLES): Exclude until fully recovered or for at least 4 days after the onset of rash.
-SALMONELLA, SHIGELLA: Exclude until diarrhoea ceases.
-STREPTOCOCCAL INFECTION (INCLUDING SCARLET FEVER): Exclude until the child has received antibiotic treatment for at least 24 hours and the child feels well.
-TUBERCULOSIS: Exclude until a medical certificate from an appropriate health authority is received.
-WHOOPING COUGH: Exclude the child for 5 days after starting antibiotic treatment.
-WORMS (INTESTINAL): Exclude if diarrhoea present.